We recognize the responsibilities tied with the collection, storage, processing, and use of personal data. Providing us with your personal data is purely voluntary. However, choosing not to disclose your personal data to us may limit our ability to provide services to you. We will not collect any personal data until you create an account on our Site, purchase any products listed on our Site, or when you desire to obtain any quotations through the Site.
We protect the data security of our customers and potential customers by complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its implementing rules and regulations, all relevant laws, and issuances on the matter.
What type of personal data do we collect?
"We will collect the following personal data when you register for an account:
- 1. First Name;
- 2. Last Name;
- 3. Email Address;
- 4. Home Address;
If you want to use the Maria Marketplace, we may collect at least the following additional personal data:
- 1. Home Address;
- 2. Marital Status;
- 3. Number of children;
- 4. Number of pets;
- 5. Whether you own or rent a home;
- 6. Whether you own a car;
- 7. Income;
- 8. Savings and Debt; and
- 9. Details about current insurance coverage;
If you want to obtain insurance product quotes, we may collect at least the following additional personal data::
- 1. Date of birth;
- 2. Gender;
- 3. Smoking status;
- 4. Height;
- 5. Weight; and
- 6. Family medical history;
If you want to apply for insurance coverage through the Site, we may collect at least the following additional personal data:
- Social Security Number"
Why do we collect this information and how it is used?
“We collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services;
- Help underwrite and provide accurate insurance premium rate quotes;
- Provide insurers with the required information for applications;
- Provide or offer other financial and consumer products and services from partner;
- Provide, maintain, and improve customer service;
- Tailor your experience of our Services to your interests;
- Develop and improve the Site and our Services;
- Respond to your inquires;
- Communicate with you regarding the insurance products that you purchased through the Site as well as other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Aggregate your information with other user’s information for benchmarking and analysis purposes;
- To assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by government agencies and to meet requirements imposed by applicable law and regulations
- Other purposes relating to any of the above
We shall retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is collected. Once retention of your personal data is no longer necessary, we shall delete or destroy your personal data from our records. We apply reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.”
With whom do we share your personal data?
“Your personal data will be kept confidential and will only be accessed or shared to accomplish the purposes for which the data was collected for.
Thus, your personal data will only be shared or accessed by the following:
- 1. Insurers offering the third-party insurance products made available to you through our Site;
- 2. Third party vendors to assist us with the Service (“Third Party Vendors”). Some examples of the assistance that may be provided by third party service providers are: monitoring and analyzing Site activity, operations and marketing assistance, hosting the Site, and maintaining our database. It is possible that some of these service providers will be located outside of the Philippines. We may share your Information with these Third Party Vendors but only as necessary for them to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law;
- 3. Any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us;
- 4. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, some or all of the Information may be part of the transferred assets;
- 5. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.”
What are your rights over your personal data?
“You have the right to access the personal data that you provided us, to make rectifications to your information, as well as the right to withdraw consent, delete, or object to the data collected. However, choosing not to disclose your personal data to us may limit our ability to provide services to you.
For data privacy concerns, you may contact our data protection officer:
0947 245 0141
Maria Health has the right and may charge you costs that is necessary fo the processing of any data access request.